“April takes the time to get to know her students and what it is about photography that motivates and moves them. Her teaching style is engaging and encouraging. After taking her class, you won’t want to put your camera down and will have a strong foundation to start building a lifelong love of photography.”
~Justus and Mandi, AKP workshop attendees
I have been studying and teaching photography for many years. I am a professional, and an artist. I have a degree in photography that was rooted in film and has evolved into digital work. I would love to share my knowledge with you.
Here is some of what you will learn at one of my beginner workshops:
- One on one, hands on instruction with your own camera. I will show you what all those buttons do that you never use 😉
- Basic photography principles such as exposure, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, composition, etc.
- What kind of equipment would benefit you most
- Artistic aspects of photography and how to critique your own photos
- Hands on shooting time with me and other attendees to apply what you’ve learned
A year and a half ago I took April’s workshop. I had absolutely no experience with any camera. And it was like a light got switched on and I’ve been running with my camera ever since I have taken subsequent workshops from her, as well additional one on one lessons. Just taking first class, was one of the best decisions I ever made. I am so happy with the progress I’ve made thanks to her.
~Lisa, AKP workshop attendee
My workshops are not meant to be easy. I will not show you “shortcuts” on how to get great photos. Instead, I will teach you the building blocks to a strong knowledge of your camera and photography, and I will continue to help you along your journey through my Facebook group. It’s a place to share photos, ask questions and get feedback from me, as well as from other budding photographers.
I am offering a workshop on June 4th in Columbus, OH (specific location TBD) and I have a few spots left.
If you would like one please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org